Bremerton, WA 98337 US
A Kitsap government contractor in the shipbuilding/repair industries is seeking skilled day and swing shift Welders with solid experience performing flux core, stick, and/or steel welding. Must be able to pass an aluminum plate test. Ideal experience will have been in a shipyard or in a similar environment. Work will be completed in accordance with required specifications, safely, with high quality and in a professional manner. Positions will typically be temporary for 6 months with expectation of converting to company payroll upon successful completion of assignment.
You might be a good fit for the Welder positions if you:
- Have experience as a welder with knowledge of shipboard spaces
- Can successfully pass HY-80 Pipe Test 6G (SMAW), Flux-Core HY 80 Test and Aluminum Plate Test
- Have experience performing Tack weld 11018 (SMAW)
- Have knowledge of weld symbols and WAFs
- Are able to safely hook up and operate a torch
- Are able to work different shifts and OT as necessary
- Can lift up to 50 lbs
- Take direction, follow instructions, are safety minded, and work well in a team environment
- Are able to pass a Standard Jaeger's Test chart for near vision acuity reading J1 letters or equivalent with or without corrective aids and pass a color vision test using Ishihara's Tests for Color Deficiency
- Have regular, reliable attendance and dependable transportation, weekend work and/or extended hours may be required
- Are able to pass required background checks and drug screens for badging purposes in order to access all work locations, including government and private shipyards and/or vessels
Benefits include sick leave accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked; paid Family & Medical leave (per Washington State); 401K after eligibility; holiday pay and vacation bonus after eligibility; and opt-in for health insurance, personal Aflac and life insurance plans available. Want to learn more about our benefits for temporary employees, including a 401K plan and vacation bonus? Visit our benefits page!
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.