Vashon, WA 98070 US
The go-to in-house financial expert, this person will be responsible for a variety of financial tasks crucial to the success of our business, including overseeing accounts receivable and payable, performing weekly reconciliation of accounts, and handling year-end tax reporting activities. Ideal candidates will be honest, detail-oriented, and technically savvy.
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Perform accounting duties within a fast-paced finance department while adhering to established standards
- Examine financial statements and records to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance
- Support tax professionals in preparing quarterly estimates and annual returns
- Inspect and update all documentation and systems related to accounting and company finances
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline preferred
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of company financial information
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- 401k with match
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Store Employee discount
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer paid Orca Ferry Pass – for those living off island
Benefits include sick leave accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked; paid Family & Medical leave (per Washington State); 401K after eligibility; holiday pay and vacation bonus after eligibility; and opt-in for health insurance, personal Aflac and life insurance plans available. Want to learn more about our benefits for temporary employees, including a 401K plan and vacation bonus? Visit our benefits page!
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.