Vashon, WA 98070 US
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position will be responsible for support tasks including data entry, reconciling invoices, processing, and recording transactions. The ideal candidate will be familiar with basic accounting principles and be proficient with technology and accounting software.
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Provide support to the Accounting Department
- Perform basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Handle communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person
- Process transactions, issue checks, and update ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Associate's degree in related field preferred
- Previous experience as an Accounting Assistant or similar role
- Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, strong typing skills
- Excellent time management and verbal and written communication skills
- Professional manner and a strong ethical code
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- 401k with match
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Store Employee discount
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer paid Orca Ferry Pass – for those living off island
Benefits include sick leave accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked; paid Family & Medical leave (per Washington State); 401K after eligibility; holiday pay and vacation bonus after eligibility; and opt-in for health insurance, personal Aflac and life insurance plans available. Want to learn more about our benefits for temporary employees, including a 401K plan and vacation bonus? Visit our benefits page!
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.