Bremerton, WA 98312 US
West Sound Workforce is seeking a versatile Accounting Manager to join a Bremerton based nonprofit organization offering highly specialized programs and services to children and adults with disabilities. Serving Kitsap and Mason counties for 60 years, this organization is known for providing support, guidance, education, and highly specialized programs to individuals in our community.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will lead a small team while managing the operations of all accounting functions, including investment management, tax preparation and reporting, contract review, and grant compliance.
With a belief in helping each person reach their fullest potential, we are looking for someone who not only lives and breathes by GAAP, but this organization is also looking for someone who possesses excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
What you will do as Accounting Manager:
- Plan, organize, and manage the Business and Financial operations
- Design, implement, monitor, and modify accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with funding sources, good internal control practices, GAAP and FASB, Federal and State regulations
- Prepare all financial reports
- Manage and direct the activities of the accounting department staff to ensure that all accounting duties are performed with precision, consistency and promptness, and within compliance
- Oversee annual audit process. Act as a liaison with external auditors and implements all audit committee recommendations
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 6+ years of computerized accounting experience (non-profit preferred
- 4+ years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of contract/grant program management
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Dynamics GP and Access - preferred. Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook are required
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary benefits
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.