Aluminum Welder III
Tacoma, WA 98421 US
West Sound Workforce is seeking level III Aluminum Welders to work with a Tacoma based boat builder who specializes in designing highly reliable and extremely durable vessels for military, law enforcement, and rescue operations across the globe.
Committed to using the highest quality materials and innovative engineering technologies within their designs, this is an organization who champions continuous improvement within their processes and welcomes challenges. Customer focus, teamwork, integrity, and stewardship are the values that drive their decisions and guide their goals.
Supporting the Fabrication department's efficiency and safety standards, this Level III position will be responsible for expertly joining metal components and preparing metal surfaces to facilitate the boat building process. For these positions, successful candidates will have mechanical aptitude, are comfortable working independently with minimal supervision, and have a keen attention to detail.
Come join a company who empowers team members, treats everyone with respect, and is committed to maintaining high ethical standards.
What you will do as an Aluminum Welder III:
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, grind component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Use grinders to remove rough spots from work pieces
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
What we are looking for:
- Any combination of training, education, or experience equivalent to a minimum of five years of experience as a welder/fabricator
- Proficient aluminum experience required, GMAW (MIG) preferred
- Superior working knowledge of the usage of production machinery, common hand tools, handheld power tools and fabricating equipment
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and weld symbols with minimal direction
- Ability to lift 50lbs and good physical stamina
- Ability to pass a welding skills test at appropriate level for this position
Benefits include sick leave accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked; paid Family & Medical leave (per Washington State); 401K after eligibility; holiday pay and vacation bonus after eligibility; and opt-in for health insurance, personal Aflac and life insurance plans available. Want to learn more about our benefits for temporary employees, including a 401K plan and vacation bonus? Visit our benefits page!
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.