Entry Level Operators
Port Townsend, WA 98368 US
One of Jefferson County's largest employers is seeking Entry Level Operators to join their team. This company specializes in producing and manufacturing a variety of Kraft pulp products from raw materials.
With a variety of openings across various departments, this is an organization dedicated to creating an engaging and positive work environment where employees can continue to grow within their careers.
This is a full time, direct hire, union represented position. After completion of 60-day training period, wage increases to $21.32/hr.
Common responsibility areas include:
- Fiber Supply
- Power & Recovery
- Machine Operation
What you'll need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- The stamina to stand and walk up to 12 hours per day performing physical tasks including pushing, pulling, squatting, stooping, kneeling, sweeping, shoveling, climbing on ladders, etc.
- Ability to wear respirators and breathing apparatuses
Benefits you'll receive:
- Comprehensive health care plan including prescription, vision care, life insurance, and dental
- Flex Spending Account
- Retirement plan
- 2-5 weeks of vacation time, pending years of service
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Free onsite parking
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.