Bremerton, WA 98312 US
West Sound Workforce is assisting a non-profit community-based transportation service in seeking a Finance Analyst to join their Bremerton office. As the model for providing quality coordinated services across nine counties, this company is committed to meeting the needs of those they serve.
Working alongside the Controller and Accounts Payable Specialist, this position will play an integral part within the accounting team and will be responsible for recording and reporting all financial transactions for the company. This position will touch on the full spectrum of accounting functions. Successful candidates should be detail oriented with the strong data interpretation skills and the ability to work independently.
If you have good judgement, love variety and have always wanted to be part of a great team of professionals, working for a great cause in the community, we want to hear from you!
What you will do as a Finance Analyst:
- Perform monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Maintain the ledger, performing monthly and annual closing and reporting
- Assist with preparation of financial information for internal and external auditing
- Prepares monthly and ad-hoc financial reports for management
- Other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Associates degree in Accounting or Finance, plus 3-5 years of progressive accounting responsibilities
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and accounting software (experience with MS Dynamics SL, Sage Fixed Assets, or Management Reporter is a plus)
- Analytical and financial reporting skills and ability
- Excellent skills in general ledger process management
- Understanding of GAAP, especially as they relate to not-for-profit corporations
- Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Vacation leave
- Holiday pay
- Flexible Spending Account for health and childcare expenses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary plans for life, AD and D, long term disability
- 403(b) Plan participation
Benefits include sick leave accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked; paid Family & Medical leave (per Washington State); 401K after eligibility; holiday pay and vacation bonus after eligibility; and opt-in for health insurance, personal Aflac and life insurance plans available. Want to learn more about our benefits for temporary employees, including a 401K plan and vacation bonus? Visit our benefits page!
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.