Bremerton, WA 98337 US
Are you a financial professional that is just as passionate about supporting a great cause as you are the numbers that make it happen?
A Kitsap County nonprofit organization with their hands entrenched in changing lives, building up the safety of individuals, and creating lasting impacts for generations is in search of a Finance Manager to join their team. Providing advocacy, prevention, and services to domestic violence survivors in our community, this organization is dedicated to ensuring the personal safety, rights, welfare, and dignity of those they serve while increasing community awareness to creative positive social change.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is part of the backbone to improving the health and safety of those they serve and will be responsible for the overall management of financial records, reports, payroll, and accounting for the organization. We are looking for someone who, in addition to being a well-rounded accounting professional, has strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with staff, clients, vendors, and community partners.
What you will do as Finance Manager:
- Perform internal bookkeeping tasks
- Prepare and maintain fiscal records, annual audits, grant applications, and federal, state, local registrations
- Prepare monthly financial reports for Board of Directors
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget, grant budgets, and fiscal plans
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field or four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience with cost accounting, grants management, and reporting
- Proficiency with computer programs including MS Office, QuickBooks, and Salesforce
- Familiarity with GAAP
- Medical and dental insurance
- Vacation, holiday, and sick leave plans
- Employer funded retirement plan
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.