Bremerton, WA 98337 US
West Sound Workforce is seeking a Junior Scheduler to join a Kitsap based federal contractor who specializes in the design and construction of auxiliary and support ships for the US Navy.
Reporting to the Scheduling Supervisor, the essential duty of the Junior Scheduler is to assist the scheduling team by providing daily, weekly and quarterly schedule updates for construction projects.
Responsibilities include regularly interfacing with all parties associated with a project including Planners, Project Management, Engineering, and Production. The ability to prepare and verify timely and accurate reports and exceptional communications skills are essential to the success of this role.
What you will do as a Junior Scheduler:
- Maintain updated records and timely updates via processing sheets
- Regularly communicate with area managers, sub-contractors, and production members
- Track, record, and communicate delays and schedule impacts
- Attend planning and production meetings as needed
What we are looking for:
- An Associate's Degree with 2 years of related experience, or 3 years directly related experience preferred, or experience as a project assistant in an engineering or construction environment
- Computer proficiency with MS Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with industrial quality, safety, and resource loading
Benefits include sick leave accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked; paid Family & Medical leave (per Washington State); 401K after eligibility; holiday pay and vacation bonus after eligibility; and opt-in for health insurance, personal Aflac and life insurance plans available. Want to learn more about our benefits for temporary employees, including a 401K plan and vacation bonus? Visit our benefits page!
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.