Lakewood, WA 98499 US
West Sound Workforce is assisting a prominent Lakewood healthcare facility in sourcing an experienced Maintenance Engineer Chief to join their team. As leaders in providing expert, compassionate care throughout the Puget Sound region, this organization is committed to building healthier communities by caring for the most vulnerable and those who are underserved.
Assisting the Facility Manager, as the Maintenance Engineer Chief you will be responsible for leading and performing a variety of preventative repair and maintenance tasks throughout the facility to ensure the building, equipment, and grounds always remain in an acceptable state. Ideal candidates will have a well-rounded skillset to address potential tasks including carpentry, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing skills.
What you will do as Maintenance Engineer Chief:
- Assist in creating work assignments for staff and assigning work orders for preventative maintenance tasks
- Inspect work to ensure that workmanship meets quality, safety, and code standards
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs
- Assist with outside grounds maintenance as needed
- Document repairs and complete logs as required
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 4 years progressively responsible maintenance related experience
- Knowledge of standards and requirements for the repair and service of boilers, compressors, diesel generators, pumps, motors, test equipment, etc.
- Knowledge of the standards and methods of plumbing, electrical, mechanical, carpentry, and pneumatics
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use office equipment and basic computer proficiency
Benefits include sick leave accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked; paid Family & Medical leave (per Washington State); 401K after eligibility; holiday pay and vacation bonus after eligibility; and opt-in for health insurance, personal Aflac and life insurance plans available. Want to learn more about our benefits for temporary employees, including a 401K plan and vacation bonus? Visit our benefits page!
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.