Gig Harbor, WA 98332 US
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, as Lead Packager you will be responsible for directing employees, ensuring proper equipment use and safety policies are being followed, and assisting supervisors with coordinating timetables and scheduling. This role will operate in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment. We are seeking those who have basic computer skills and are familiar with writing, revising, and implementing SOPs.
Using pioneering research, breakthrough science, and collaborative partnerships, Metagenics aims to help people live happier, healthier lives, including those of their employees. Their sprawling Gig Harbor campus includes woodland trails and an onsite gym employees can access. Come join a team that embraces diversity and engagement through belonging, opportunity, and advancement and help make great things happen in health care.
What you will do as Lead Packager:
- Monitor and help run equipment
- Review shop orders for complete and accurate data
- Read, interpret and carry out line schedules
- Assign department personnel to specific tasks
- Inspect and validate completed jobs for accuracy
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years similar experience
- Basic computer skills including MS Office products
- Knowledge of Basic manufacturing
- General knowledge of production procedures
- $2,000 sign-on bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Annual employer Health Savings Account for eligible employees
- Life and disability Insurance
- Free mental health resources
- Vacation and sick time
- 2 volunteer days off each year
- 11 paid holidays
- Product discounts
Benefits include sick leave accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked; paid Family & Medical leave (per Washington State); 401K after eligibility; holiday pay and vacation bonus after eligibility; and opt-in for health insurance, personal Aflac and life insurance plans available. Want to learn more about our benefits for temporary employees, including a 401K plan and vacation bonus? Visit our benefits page!
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.