Port Townsend, WA 98368 US
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this Payroll Specialist position will be responsible for preparing city-wide payroll, technical reports, and employee benefits records. The ideal candidate will have a strong customer service focus and comfort with high volume processing.
What you will do as Payroll Specialist:
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll for review, approval, and submittal to the Accounting Manager
- Maintain payroll records and systems; creates, updates, and audits positions and databases; adds new employees
- Participate in the onboarding orientation process including new employee benefits orientation
- Work with new hires to complete I-9s and W-4s; use E-Verify to confirm new employee eligibility
- High school diploma or GED
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in payroll processing and employee benefit administration
- Associate degree in accounting, business or human resources is highly desired
- Experience using specialized payroll, human resources, and accounting software
- Intermediate to advanced skills in using computer operating systems and use of Microsoft Office Suite products, including Excel
Benefits include sick leave accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked; paid Family & Medical leave (per Washington State); 401K after eligibility; holiday pay and vacation bonus after eligibility; and opt-in for health insurance, personal Aflac and life insurance plans available. Want to learn more about our benefits for temporary employees, including a 401K plan and vacation bonus? Visit our benefits page!
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.