Press Brake Operators
Bremerton, WA 983124912 US
Are you looking for a machine operation position within the maritime industry?
West Sound Workforce is seeking Press Brake Operators to work with a Bremerton based boat builder who specializes in designing highly reliable and extremely durable vessels for military, law enforcement, and rescue operations across the globe.
Committed to using the highest quality materials and innovative engineering technologies within their designs, this is an organization who champions continuous improvement within their processes and welcomes challenges. Customer focus, teamwork, integrity, and stewardship are the values that drive their decisions and guide their goals.
Supporting the routing department's efficiency and safety standards, this position will be responsible for the setup, testing, maintenance, and operation of the brake presses and plate rolling machines.For these positions, successful candidates will have mechanical aptitude, are comfortable working independently with minimal supervision, and have a keen attention to detail.
Come join a company who empowers team members, treats everyone with respect, and is committed to maintaining high ethical standards.
What you will do as a Press Brake Operator:
- Safely setup and operate brake presses and plate rollers to punch, bend, roll, or straighten materials
- Use hand tools and gauges to test and adjust machine speeds or actions according to production specifications
- Use a forklift to load aluminum sheets into machinery
- Assures parts are accurately bent, rolled, sorted and ready for the next step in manufacturing process
- Clean and lubricate machines
What we are looking for:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience with brake press and/or machine operation
- Industry certifications or training are a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing operations including quality control
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools including uses, storage, and maintenance
- Mathematical reasoning skills
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Good physical stamina, the ability to stand for long periods of time, and lift 50lbs repeatedly
Benefits include sick leave accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked; paid Family & Medical leave (per Washington State); 401K after eligibility; holiday pay and vacation bonus after eligibility; and opt-in for health insurance, personal Aflac and life insurance plans available. Want to learn more about our benefits for temporary employees, including a 401K plan and vacation bonus? Visit our benefits page!
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.