Port Townsend, WA 98368 US
West Sound Workforce is assisting a well-established manufacturer of specialty kraft pulp products in sourcing a professional Safety Specialist to join their Port Townsend team. With a commitment to sustainability and providing high quality products, this organization is focused on the health and wellness of their environment, employees, and their community.
Working within a team, this role will play a vital role in supporting the safety process by mitigating hazards and preventing incident and injuries. You will be integrated with the workforce to provide safety observation, education, and support. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication skills, with a strong sense of accountability, and the ability to effectively promote safety culture within the work environment.
Come join a team who strives to be good neighbors and believes that a healthy and safe work environment is the key to the success of all employees.
What you will do as a Safety Specialist:
- Provide reports of daily safety activities: area safety visits, audits, investigations
- Assist with management of the manufacturing safety process
- Disseminate safety information to the workforce using varied media and direct training
- Provide administrative support to the Health and Safety Manager
- Participate in safety committees, safety meetings, and contractor safety meetings
What we are looking for:
- Two years professional experience in the occupational safety and health field
- Knowledge of workplace industrial safety regulations, principles, procedures, and training practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to cultivate strong and collaborative relationships across all levels of the workplace
- Experience developing training material and conducting safety training
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Office suite software, and database use
- Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance
- 2 weeks paid vacation or more depending on position
- Full-time employees receive 160 hours of sick leave upon hire then earn eight hours of sick leave per month
- 9 paid holidays and one paid personal holiday per calendar year
- Retirement plan
- Employee Assistance coverage with full services, including dietary and nutritional services, retirement planning, and support services
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.