Gig Harbor, WA 98335
A local municipality is seeking temporary summer laborers to assist in all facets of maintaining the city's parks and grounds for public use. This is entry level work and typical job duties will include:
- Performing light to heavy manual labor and/or unskilled to semi-skilled tasks
- Assisting with removal of trash and debris and/or construction, maintenance, replacement, and repair of city streets, sidewalks, traffic signals, and signage
- Safely operating a variety of vehicles, equipment, and hand and/or power tools related to area of assignment
- As appropriate, pre-trip and post-trip checks and maintaining assigned vehicles and equipment
- Learning and effectively applying regulations, policies, and procedures related to area of assignment
- Developing and keeping simple records and making routine reports
- Responding to requests and inquiries received from the general public
To be considered, you'll need:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Some groundskeeping, landscaping, or general construction clean up experience
- Good interpersonal skills and a friendly, helpful attitude
- General knowledge of the use of power and hand tools and the ability to perform strenuous physical activities
- A strong work ethic and reliability
- A valid WA driver's license with a safe driving record and clean driving abstract
- Steel-toed boots
- Flagging card and completed HBV series vaccines preferred
1 year of experience performing basic maintenance work would be great, but reliability and a great work ethic will go miles!
Physical Requirements and Environment:
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. This job operates in a outdoor environment. There will be exposure to a range of weather conditions typical of the Pacific Northwest.
Personal protection equipment and safety gear will be issued according to task.
Want to learn more about our benefits for temporary employees, including a 401K plan and vacation bonus? Visit our benefits page!
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.